Upon notice, we will remove or request that a third party remove Content from the Startup Dojo Network that infringes the copyright of others and to the extent we are able to do so we will disable access to our Service by anyone who repeatedly infringes the intellectual property rights of others. Startup Dojo processes claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 et. seq (the “DMCA”). The DMCA addresses the rights and obligations of owners of copyrighted material who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed on the Internet, as well as the rights and obligations of Internet Service Providers on whose servers infringing material may reside. However Startup Dojo will also process claims of copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 et. seq (the “DMCA”) for owners of copyrighted material who believe their rights have been infringed in their jurisdiction, the jurisdiction of the infringing website owner. The application of US Copyright Law cannot apply legally but the process of conducting a takedown request will be the similar.
Upon receipt of written notification provided in the manner required by 17 U.S.C. § 512, or through the approved online application below we will:
- Act expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity;
- Forward the written notification to the alleged infringer; and
- Take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Content provider that we have removed or disabled access to the allegedly infringing Content.
If you believe that your work has been copied, adapted, reproduced, or exhibited on Startup Dojo in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or if you believe that your work has been rebroadcast, redistributed, re-streamed, encoded or transcoded or otherwise reproduced in a way that violates your intellectual property rights, and you would like Startup Dojo to remove the allegedly infringing Content from Startup Dojo, you must provide written notice of the claimed infringing activity.
Your notice must include substantially the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the web site where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.);
- A clear description of where the infringing material is located on the web site, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR NOTIFYING OUR DESIGNATED CONTACT OR AGENT THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (E.G., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OR E-MAIL ABUSE, ETC.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED BELOW. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT. WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND LEGAL FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Startup Dojo’s designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement is:
Farhill Studios, Gwent, NP16 6QY